Monday, March 31, 2014

Sim stylin'

Sometimes I do more than design buildings and lots in the Sims. I often do individual Sims and even "families"--broadly defined: I almost always have a handsome farmhand, ranchhand, or boarder attached to one of my Sims bunches.

Said hand almost always ends up seducing the daughter (or the son) of the family. Sometimes even the mother (or father) of the family. I seem to have a deep abiding for Sims stories in which "Simsylvania Dutch" farmers are corrupted by the modern ways of the gleam-in-his-eye, built-like-a-brick-house stranger-journeyman.

But when I'm not putting my Sims through their pervy paces, I will yield to my fashionistic impulses and design clothes for the crew. Nothing too out there--basic stuff like polos, trousers, shirts and dresses. I like playing with textures and patterns in the Sims, at least when I take the time to do so.

Sometimes this works well. See the featured examples, which have had a good number of downloads and one or two recommendations from my fellow Simmers.

And then sometimes what I create is bloody awful--especially when I forget to change the trim color of an item from the original to one that complements the other textures and patterns of the garments.

Live and learn. I'll save the fashion show of my failures for another day.

For now, I'll entertain you with a small sampling of this spring's fashion-forward lines from Paris, Milan, London, and New York. Not to mention Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Appaloosa Plains, and Starlight Shores.

* * *

Zandile's Glamour Gown
Designed for Cape Hermanus' (formerly known as Starlight Shores) ace investigator, Zandile Gugulethu, this everyday glamour gown highlights Zandile's African heritage and style.


Rhapsody in Blue cotillion dress
Daughter of Pearl evening gown




Which twin has the most fabulous look? Well, they're not twins; just vaguely reminiscent designs. On the left, we have Cape Hermanus "it" girl (model/actress/singer/whatevs) Chantal Stellenbosch's "Daughter of Pearl" evening ensemble. Above, Zandile gives it a whirl in this cool wave "Rhapsody in Blue" cotillion frock.


Kel's "I'm-too-sexy-for-this-shirt" Shirt







Moving on to Fountain Lakes-inspired men's- and women's wear daily, you'll find Kel Knight's "Summer Breeze" Panama hat below. To the right, you just might catch a glimpse of Kel's manly chest in his "I'm-too-sexy-for-this-shirt" shirt.

We'll introduce Kel at another time. He's part of a family I created in homage to the wacked-out Australian sit-com, Kath & Kim. Kel is the "purveyor of fine meats" boyfriend/husband of Kath. He is not unsexy or unattractive, but he's also not nearly as sexy or attractive as he thinks he is!

Kel's Summer Breeze Panama Hat




I haven't found a Sims home for the Kath Day/Kel Knight clan quite yet, but I do have them all designed and kitted-out. I plan to share them with you soon--in all their resplendent suburban Melbourne glory.

They're noice, they're different, they're unusual to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment